I finally made the switch from my original water tower, which was a 205 gallon tank made of polyethylene (not made for potable water). I felt that I was wasting so much of what I could be harvesting that I jumped up to a 550 tank that is suitable for potable water. Not that I plan to drink out of it but, I could if need be. So here is a picture of the original tower I built.
So here is the what the front of the cottage now looks like with the new tank in place.
I did a real simple drop down off of the combined drain, goes directly into the tank. I have yet to decide how I am going to cover the tank but I found a really cool display up in Gig Harbor on my vacation and I am trying to come up with something similar.
Here are some pictures of what I am talking about.
I am going to try to do a wrap around on the tank but I am having some major issues sourcing the felt material this is made of. We will see what comes of the project.